Ever had one of those days when everything is pretty normal? Some stuff makes you mad, other stuff makes you happy, but in general you know when you look back on your life you know you won’t remember it. You won’t remember it because you didn’t have a big fight or meet your future spouse or win an award or see someone tap-dancing naked on the eiffel tower or run into Jesus or the Tiny Skateboarding Monkey or Jesus AND the Tiny Skateboarding Monkey in a Skate-or-Die for original NES tournament.
That has been my day today.
But then iTunes did something it does only once in-a-rare-enough-while where it plays a bunch of great songs in a row. The streak doesn’t seem to stop. It just keeps going. It picks exactly what you need to hear, what you want to hear, what you haven’t heard in a while, what you’ve been missing musically. I love it.
Anyway, here’s what it played for me (in order of most recent to least recent):
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious – Harry Connick Jr., Songs I Heard
- You And I Both – Jason Mraz, Waiting For My Rocket To Come
- Gravity – John Mayer, Continuum
- Uquinsil’ Ubada – Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Raise Your Spirit Higher
- You Don’t Know What Love Is (alternate take 16) – Bill Evans & Tony Bennett, Together Again (Remastered)
- Hip Funk – Grant Green, Complete Quartets With Sonny Clark (Disc 2),
- Straight, No Chaser – Quincy Jones and His Orchestra, Quintessence
- Off the Top (Gravity Wheel) – Bela Fleck and The Flecktones, Little Worlds (Disc 1)
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious – Harry Connick Jr., Songs I Heard
are you kidding me?
Are “Step in Time” and “The Perfect Nanny” on your playlist as well?
I’m guessing you’ve never heard this CD because, well, you’re an idiot. Also because of the comment you left. Why don’t you go watch some Real World? I hear Laguna Beach is on right after.
All the more power to you having Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious on there.
There are just certain times in life when you need to hear a song like that.
see? Jader loves me.
I hope it makes you happy that you are listening to the same songs as my 5 year old neice. you can borrow my ipod later if you want. i think i have some tunes from The Little Mermaid if you really want to get down in your office.
laguna beach rules.